Terms and Conditions
- The City of Florence announces a contest for young people around the world, rewarding the idea that best enhances the web on the latest cultural events organized to promote the Florentine culture throughout the world. The project aims to fill a blogging area with contents about culture in Florence. The submitted projects must define topics and procedures which will enhance the city’s cultural life interacting with an international audience and using Web 2.0 as an immediate instrument of promotion.
- To enter you must be between 18 and 35 years old. No associations, corporations, companies or any other agency or body formally constituted are eligible to participate.
- The project must follow the themes and form which address the city’s cultural life, in English. The analysis of the project will give a knowledge on what defines the image of Florentine culture in the world – and particularly among the youth. Through the submitted work must emerge the blogger’s capability of divulgation and network communication in order to allow this new instrument to be in-tune with the future blog users and so to enter deeper into the youth culture. The project must be created with the perspective of implementing and updating the blog daily. Therefore a minimum number of posts entered daily must be provided. The document shall not exceed the maximum number of 5,000 characters.
- Each candidate must download the application form from the website http://www.florenceblogstar.com . The form must be fully completed, signed and digitally acquired in *. PDF. It must be sent electronically with the following attachments:
- A) Project;
- B) Curriculum vitae, which also presents the candidate’s personality and interests. Therefore, in addition to Internet, art and culture experiences, there must be a section on the reasons why the candidate has decided to participate;
- C) Copy of a document certifying the identity and nationality of the participant;
- D) Any additional documentation suitable to determine the position in relation to citizenship;
- E) Any additional digital document which has already been made, including text, photos, videos or other audio material.
The attachments a) b) c) and d) must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. The email subject must be compulsorily Florence: BlogstarContest. The e-mail must be received no later than 12.00 PM (midday) on October 1st, 2012 otherwise the project will not be eligible.
- The following projects will not be accepted:
- sent without respecting the terms of this announcement
- missing any required document (additional documents are not mandatory)
- not consistent with the terms of the call
- if the attached projects does not respect the guarantees required by the point n.9.
The commission, created as in point n. 7, may ask candidates to submit additional documentation.
- Competitors are guarantors of the originality of the project (text, images, etc.), that contents are not pornographic and do not contain any offensive reference or harmful codes that may interfere with the normal functions of the website or network. In such cases, projects will be immediately excluded.
- The commission, comprised of experts on the topic, will assess the curriculum of the proponent, the project’s originality and the consistency of this with the purpose of the notice. The committee in its sole discretion will assign to each project a maximum score of 40 points according to the following criteria:
|Blogger’s skills, experience, cultural level and personality, based on the data given in the Curriculim Vitae||
|Project originality based on the form, the methodology and the contents chosen to promote and enhance cultural and artistic events in Florence||
|Blogger’s ability to divulgate and communicate on the web||
The total scores assigned to each project will create a list. The first on the list will be the winner.
- The winner will have its project published on line and the Mayor of Florence will appoint the author as “First Digital City Dweller of Florence”.
- Each participant guarantees that his/her project is original, non-controversial and non-confidential. The participant also guarantees to uphold all copyright and other intellectual property rights of its work (including any associated software, data sources, images and text) or has successfully obtained a license or authorization on such rights by third parties in order to allow the city to use, produce, distribute, copy, and view the works in accordance with these terms. The City of Florence may request documentation and other materials needed to confirm these rights.
- The organization of the competition while intending to take any form of precaution, does not assume any responsibility for any entries lost or damaged during the competition. The organizers reserve also the right to suspend or modify the contest, if necessary.
- Entering the competition implies full acceptance of this notice.
- Further information can be obtained by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org